Help on buying first prosumer camera

T

thejenks

I have about $2500 I would like to spend total for a camera and whatever accessories to go with it. If anyone would be so kind in giving me some suggestions in picking a camera and the accessories in for around that price I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance :D

i would honestly go with something along the lines of canon

The gl2 is awsome with room to invest in a good mic and a light

if you want an hd feel though its gonna be tough with that budget
looking at some of the prosumer hd cameras they kinda all run around 3000 dollars. There are also some pretty nice packages for the canon xh a1 on ebay and that would be an excelent camera for shooting. The camera is rated extremely high.

Also check out the panasonic 100 i read somewhere it shoots in 24p and for the price its pretty good.

i just picked up a panasonic DVX100 for £1500 which works out at just short of $3000 but in my eyes it is well worth the extra money.

if you want to see some stuff shot on DVX100 my friends site is

www.sitcomsoldiers.com

or i have one video on you tube at the moment

In My Back Garden

if you can find an XL1-s at a local dealership or on ebay(be careful though) that is in good condition then in would go for that, GL1/ GL2 are also great.

I've seen Xl1-s on ebay for $990 with only about 15 hours of use on them that seemed alright from what i saw but i didnt learn too much about it, if you got that you could get a couple of good boom mics, lights, etc.

Thanks!

Thanks!

hey thanks alot guys... and yeah i've been looking into the gl2 for some time but I am hearing about this tape deck problem that people have with it. Does anyone know how often this happens? And as for accesories um good Lens and tripods and mics if you guys have any suggestions for any of those?

Canon GL-1

Canon GL-1

I was in the same position about a year ago. I ended up purchasing a Canon GL-1 from the used inventory from a Boston company. The GL-2s were going for about $3,000 new; and I paid $1,275 for the GL-1 and it's been great. I have a trailer at http://www.hauntedrandrstation.com, but the film is a much better quality that what you see on the computer. Be sure and purchase a boom mic for getting your sound up close too - which plugs into this camera.

Network Sponsors

Back