Getting a foot in the door...

C

chrisengelking

I currently preside in the Bay Area (San Francisco) but I am seriously considering moving to Los Angelas to begin my career in the film industry.

My question for you is: What do you recommend I do in preparation for this?

My experience is, unfortunately, limited to a number of short films that I have worked on. I'm very interested in working as a an electrician, carpenter, or other trade positions. I'm interested in getting as much hands on experience as I can with the possibility of getting paid - every persons dream in this forum, right?

Can you recommend ways I can go about looking for work? Where do people live in SoCal to be near the action? (work)

That's all for now! I appreciate any suggestions!

~Christopher Engelking
________
Buy easy vape vaporizer

Last edited:
FOOT IN THE DOOR

FOOT IN THE DOOR

try mandy.com and productionhub.com for work opportunities. Good Luck.

Are you already experienced at those trades outside of the film industry? Competition is fierce so you have to be much more than competant and very, very fast. There is no on-the-job training, even interns are very experienced these days. You should also have a solid understanding of the film making process so you can understand why the seemingly weird things you are being asked to do are necessary.

Finding Quality Companies in Los Angeles

Finding Quality Companies in Los Angeles

The best way to learn about the industry in Los Angeles is to know the companies that service the industry. You can find out about all the companies at www.creativehandbook.com

Network Sponsors

Back