Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

• No and Film will make a come back

• Yes accept for a few old masters who will insist on using film

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think now that film has been liberated from being the only medium, it can grow as an artistic and symbolic medium. You can now choose between many formats (some of them being film). the palette is growing bigger which means we have more paint to use on our canvas.

I agree with Shawheen. Film makers now have more options, such as 3D, film is just another tool to be used in film making. 'The Artist 'for example was silent black and white film. I can see silent cinema making a come back.

amy
www.amyclarkefilms.com

It's a real shame that film is going out of fashion. Even if it is digitally projected, it is much warmer and less perfect than digital. I remember reading somewhere that Jackson's frame rate for the Hobbit (48fps) was a bad choice because it was too life like.

I did a great deal of reading this morning. LA Weekly had a long 7-page article that covered exhibs, labs, film preservation, with 300 comments. Also took a look at the Eastman Kodak bankruptcy and closure of Technicolor North Hollywood lab. But what ultimately persuaded me to vote in the poll that film will be gone in 5 years is scarce reserves and forward price of silver.

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back