Fuji stock

illia

I have to shoot a commertial on super 16 format and with fuji stock, as I´m new in cinematography (was photographer and videographer)
In tungsten balanced fuji film stocks I found two different areas, the F classical stock and the Eterna stock. I would like to know if there´s any important difference such as grain structure, dynamic range and so.
As we´ll shoot on super 16 I would also like to know if someone´s any experience shooting with high speed stocks for tv release (and telecine process), is the grain too obvious for a classic tv commertial look? do I have to choose any slower stock? I would like to use kinos so it´s important that I have enough sensitivity to register subtles light sources, but the room I have to light is small so I guess a slower film should be ok.
Is any of those stocks a better choice for telecine?

There is an advantage in using the slower stocks in S16 even for telecine -- if you can, I'd use Eterna 250T instead of 500T.

The Eterna line-up is finer-grained, wider-latitude (lower contrast, softer blacks and colors) than the old Super-F series.

Network Sponsors

Back