Can't import .avi movie files made with Fuji stills camera

jbsandown

Before "moving up" to PremPro I happily used various "consumer" software for digital capture and editing. Until I got my full-blown 3ccd Panasonic DV camera, my personal family videos were often shot using the "movie" option on my Fuji 600 digital stills camera. The resultant files are fully-fledged "AVI" types and, up to now they've played happily on every media player I've come across. And they could be readily imported and edited on mid-market software such as ULead or Pinnacle Studio.

Now, when I try to import these precious Fuji files into PremPro it throws up an error message, "Unsupported compression in file".

Is it really too much to ask that what's trumpeted as the best editing software on the planet should be able to handle diddy little avi files like these without making a fuss? Or am I missing something?

The files are most likely MPEG-4 and while the playback codec probably exists on your computer, PPro may not be able to access it properly.

Can you load it in one of the consumer packages you mention and export it as an AVI file with, say DV compression?

Network Sponsors

Back