Conversion Avi to Mpeg to copy video on DVD.Problem with WMP

ando

I have a video camera sony DCR HC27 which saves the movie on mini dv casette.
Unfortunately I don’t have the sony CD software anymore, my PC CD drive scratched it. The video conversion became a big trouble.
After researches I downloaded the software RER AVI/MPEG/DVD/WMV Video Converter to convert, but in Windows Media Player the video converted with RER has an annoying effect, the movie image being splitted with horizontal lines making it almost unviewable.
I don't have other video player to test but, however I would like the video to play fine in Windows media Player because this is the main player.
Is there any configuration to be made to Rer converter or a better conversion software to get rid of this problem?
Video conversion is necessary because I need to save it on DVD and the original video size is bigger than DVD size.

Video conversion is necessary because I need to save it on DVD and the original video size is bigger than DVD size.

Am I correct in thinking that you are dumping the raw captured footage on DVD? If you are, is the purpose for backup or for transportation?
You could always do an H.264 compression which a personal favourite which can produce high quality images at smaller file sizes.

Network Sponsors

Back