Freak Death Ideas?

oscarknott

I writing the script for the third in a trilogy of freak death short films

heres the link to the first one and the teaser trailer of the second:
The Face Part 1 Short Film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rdvr_Jp6Eo&feature=channel_page
Teaser for The Face Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fENcUqMozeo

And i need some fresh freak deaths that i can do for the third one, i have run out of ideas, they need to be relatively possible for a no budget film, but im ready for a challenge, so please send some ideas this way

Good job on those shorts. Loved the gore effects.

Last edited:
Happy Tree Friends

Happy Tree Friends

Hey Man,

Nice job on those shorts. If you haven't already heard of it, watch Happy tree Friends. Good inspiration for what you want.

The Final Destination movies

The Final Destination movies

Hey, I came upon your thread. Are you still looking for ideas? You know the "Final Destination" movies have a lot of freak death scenes, real freaky. Have you seen those movies? You should rent them, and keep a watch for the new one in 3D that's coming out this August 2009.

Are you doing freak death shorts to showcase your gore effects, or are you just a horror fanatic? :)

If you're still looking for fresh ideas, my feedback/two cents is to work in a storyline in your next short films. Even if your shorts are super short, it's very possible to work in a plot, beginning, middle, and end, and climax, etc. So rather than showing freak death scenes back to back, one after the other, try working in a story, like what's up with these fresh-faces guys and gals in their teens and 20's - how and why are they getting themselves into these situations? What do these characters want and why, and do they get it or not in the end? What's the story?

Good luck with your next shorts.

p.s. the reason

p.s. the reason

P.S. The reason why I'm suggesting that you see those movies is "not to copy" the movies - but to (a) appreciate the gore effects, (b) see how they work in "story" and "storyline"; and if you're a horror fanatic, (c) appreciate the freakiness and humor, and/or (d) enjoy this stuff, sit back and ask youself why do you enjoy it, and continue your observation and maybe even studies of why horror movies are made, how it may or may not effect society, political awareness, and other awarenesses, how it does or doesn't desensitize, and/or how it's simply used as a tool and mechanism for representing stories and messages in the abstract, rather than being literal and boring.

Network Sponsors

Back