Film school and acting

S

Sid

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me out. I'm considering attending UCLA film school. But the thing is I'm interested in both film production and acting, which means I'm not sure if it would be better to take the "theater major" or the "film, television and digital media major".
If i decided to take the "film, television and digital media major," Can anyone tell me if I could cast myself in my short films? is this allowed? thanks for any info or help. :)

Sincerely, Sid

Sid, if Mel Gibson can cast himself in his feature production, surely you can cast yourself in your shorts. But make sure you have someone to direct you.

As for the schools, it sounds to me like the film school would be better for you. Most film actors do not go to a theatre school but take acting courses from acting coaches. Theatre school would be the right choice if you wanted to become a stage director in live theatre.

Film school and acting

Hi, yeah I guess it makes since that if I want to get into film production and film actor to go to the film school and go to an acting coach and acting classes on the side. Thanks for your help.
But the only thing I’m still unsure of is if I could cast myself, cause the thing is would the teacher allow me to act in my short movies because I would also be producing them. Does anyone if this is up to the teacher’s discretion or is it up to me?
Thanks again Red Prince :)

Sincerely, Sid

If you set up the shots yourself, with the aid of whomever you've got on Camera, then it should be reasonable easy to star in your own shorts. Just make sure that you trust the camera man/1st ad enough to keep to your artistic direction or it could get interesting.

Network Sponsors

Back