FCP4.5HD,all my titles, effects, and transitons don't work?

C

Casey McClurken

Alrighty, here's the problem...I have only 256MB or RAM for my computer...it's a Powermac G4 (single 1.25GHz)...I'm running FCP 4.5HD and all of my titles, effects, and transitions aren't working...after they render out and I play them back, all I see is little pixelated things that you can't even read. Just today I installed another 512MB of RAM...to hopefully fix my problem, but I'm still getting the same results editing...what could be wrong???

Thanks,
Casey McClurken

You've got yourself a videocard issue... Final Cut Pro's FX need a good video card to display properly on your computer monitor.

You could always try exporting your video to see if it worked... otherwise you're going to need to replace your video card with something a little more up to date.

Good Luck!

Graphic Cards

Graphic Cards

Any suggestions as of what to buy to fix this problem. I had FCP 2 for a while and all my stuff worked fine, I upgraded to 4.5HD and then everything went to hell...so...if you have any idea of what to buy, let me know.

Thanks,
Casey McClurken

well... a LOT changed between 2 and 4.5...
You'll want to look into what the hottest MAC boards out there are...

I've got a G5 with FCP 4.5 and the ATI Radeon that they sold with them... I think they also have Matrox cards or something else for them too...
basically, I'd go with Apple's recomendation.

Network Sponsors

Back