EXPORT UNCOMPRESS from Final Cut to AE and return to FCP.

C

cloncito

Hi somebody can bring me information about this.

I work whit a camera AGDVX100 and I use FCP for make OFFLINES and I do post in AE, but sometimes in AE the BLACKS or Vignettes looks CORRUPT and BAD. How can EXPORT UNCOMPRESS from Final Cut to AE and return to FCP. How is the right way without quality lost ??? thanks

sorry about my english...

Hi Luis,

What exactly do you mean by "corrupt?" Are the blacks doing some obvious banding...where the gradient isn't smooth, but appears to have steps?

Also...is this happening with blacks actually in your footage or just black that originated in AE?...or everything?

And last...describe your workflow to me please. You say you're doing offlines... The camcorder shoots DV and you can edit DV natively, so I guess I'm not understanding what you might be doing to the footage to make it "offline"...or are you moving to a larger system with uncompressed or soemthing like that for finishing?

Lots of questions...

here again

here again

the problem is when i put a vignette or gradients the blacks looks broken, this is my problem, and the other cuestion is, how is the correct way to render uncompress when i import a footage from FCut (.mov compression NONE, millons of color, is this the right way??) how i the right way to make a final render?? .avi or .mov uncompress, and the fileds ????

thanks for your help.
i thank you so much

and sorry for the english again

about fields

about fields

.avi or .mov uncompress, and the fields ????

Re: here again

Re: here again

cloncito said:
the problem is when i put a vignette or gradients the blacks looks broken, this is my problem, and the other cuestion is, how is the correct way to render uncompress when i import a footage from FCut (.mov compression NONE, millons of color, is this the right way??) how i the right way to make a final render?? .avi or .mov uncompress, and the fileds ????

thanks for your help.
i thank you so much

and sorry for the english again

You'll have to be a bit more descriptive about what constitutes "brokrn" in the blacks. I'm not clear on what you mean.

Most uncompressed footage that is interlaced is upper field first...DV is lower field first. If you are shooting 24p, or 23.98p, you would want to pick "no fields".

If you are going into FCP, you want a QT (.mov) file, but be aware of the frame size in your project. DV originated projects will have a frame size of 720x480, non-square pixels in NTSC, or 720x576 in PAL.

I have similar problem on PC with Premiere pro (7.0) and AE 6.5 like usually export from PP as .avi then into AE and out as .avi but it gets blocky, like it's been compressed doubled. I've opened a PP file right into AE but still had bad time with compression. Any tips what should renderas?

What sort of compression are you using? AVI is a file format, but the compression is up to the codec you use.

I've seen a lot of systems that default to CinePak compression on Premiere Pro export. You would need to get in there and change that to DV or uncompressed or whatever you want for higher quality into AE.

Network Sponsors

Back