Editing Software Video Games

Kim Welch

Staff member
I think we should come up with Editing software Video Games for all the software programs. Anyone with a normal IQ can easily learn an editing software system. It is the creative stuff that an editor does that is not an easy thing for most people. I think an editor can cut on pretty much anything and the files can be converted later if need be to fit whatever the distribution mode is going to be used whether is it Film, Broadcast or DVD, right?

And, I don't think any software program will always be best. We live in a competitive world where people strive to come up with new things that top other things other people do and make. Things change. Apple or Avid or whatever program is not going to continue to dominate. In fact I think Apple has lost some of their charismatic new religion status and is now doing more of a large cult thing. I am not saying it is not a good editing program. I am just saying they are not the only good editing program and they have slipped a bit.

I don't understand this attitude of i will never use anything but ___________ software. That is a marketing persons dream guys. Make you think you have to love and be loyal to a software program. how about love the movie you are making and be loyal to it? It is just crazy how people will fight over the software they use. Put that fight and energy into making a moving motion picture that will rock the world! It is more like a video game to some of these people instead of an editing system for editing footage for a movie for people to watch and love. Want to be shake the world? make a movie.

Last edited:
Sony Vegas Pro

Sony Vegas Pro

If i get money to make a film i think I am going to use Sony Vegas just to prove a point and fire anyone that can't deal with it. :)

There is nothing wrong with Vegas in my mind... You know that from the seminar where I mentioned that I use that as well...

Pretty much any option available now is amazing. Nothing is faster than Edius...the best solution for a workgroup sharing assets (really the only option) is still Avid...Apple has a very stable and mature product in Final Cut Pro, running on a mature media architecture...Vegas will deal with almost any type of media and will scale itself down to run on nearly any computer and Vegas still has some features that are just unique...to this day.

For strict cutting, solutions like LightWorks are still faster than any of the bloatware from Apple, Avid, or Adobe...

Dismissing any application or computer platform is short-sighted as the pole position changes depending on what features are in-vogue, or what sort of work is in-demand.

The tool I happen to use has its weaknesses...just pick one that is real or has existed within the last 5 years if you plan on teeing off on it in my presence.

:)

i think they all work

i think they all work

i am sticking to my opinion that they all work. it is the editor that makes them work to do the job creatively.

and, ....

and, ....

and, i was not making a jab at you or ben's excellent software tech disagreements. i am just trying to point out to folks reading (which there are more that read than post) that whatever you use that does the job is what you use. just do the job. :p and, i am serious. if i get funds to make a film i am going to have the editor include in our agreement he or she has to use Vegas. I am sure it will work.

Network Sponsors

Back