EASY GREEN SCREEN

R

reindirkfilms

I have been researching for a while now and I cant find any software that is easy enough to work with and that I can understand. Is there anything out there? :?:

Most of the common editing software has a simple blue/green screen function built in. So you might want to have a look at the built-in plugins of your software. Which editor are you working with? It would help to know what you are using, because much of that stuff is in plugins rather than stand alone software.

final cut has blue screen stuff on it and its quite easy to use apparently.

im not an editor but i have seen people who can edit basic stuff use the chromakey functions on final cut so it cant be that hard

post in the editing forum to. might be a bit more help in there

you want to know what is the best plug-in in the world for Green Screen!

ultimate advantage. http://www.ultimatte.com/UltimatteMain/HOME/HOME.html

I've done some pretty good keys on DV cam formats at pretty bad resolutions in one click.

BUT this is what I have to say, HD is PERFECT lol. It takes one click one little tweek and it's the nicest key you've ever seen.

well hope this helps

Final Cut will do a very good keying job when used properly. Motion is a bit better. Shake is the ultimate. There are several third-party filters for Motion and FCP that will give you more power to key. You can do really good keys right there inside FCP.

FYI, the November meeting of the S. LA. Final Cut Pro Users Group will be an encore presentation of our green screen workshop. We'll have a screen set up, members bring their cameras and laptops, and we'll go through how to light it, shoot it, and key in in post properly, and show real life pitfalls. If you don't have a laptop, you can bring a camera anyway, so after the demo, and seeing what others are doing, you can take it home to work with.

See www.slfcpug.org for more details in November.

DBXMe2 said:
you want to know what is the best plug-in in the world for Green Screen!

ultimate advantage.

I also use Ultimatte and it's definitely the best colour keying plug-in I've come across.

But if you can't get your hands on it, Final Cut and After Effects both have default colour keying effects that work well, given that you've done the lighting correctly when shooting.

VeeScope Live for shooting, it has chroma key tools built in that are unmatched. Then in post, they have a plug in to carry your shoot data over to make the key in post a snap. Nothing easier or cheaper, or as efficient.

I also use Ultimatte a lot for my chromakeying--super efficient. But if you set up your green screen lighting properly, shoot clean footage with a decent camera (ie: pretty much anything in stores these days), I've found you can use just about any video editing program out there and still achieve a great chromakey effect.

Keying out greenscreen is tricky business. There are so many factors to doing this well. Making sure that you light the subject to match the lighting of the eventual background, perspective, camera angles for both shots, and this is all outside of the software.

Adobe After Effects has one of the most versatile and easy to use greenscreen keying. It's labeled only "keying" in the plug ins, and there are several variations. You can do a color range, or just a single color with some degree of tolerance levels to control.

YouTube has a plethra of free tutorials on basics of greenscreen.

Network Sponsors

Back