'DARKMATTER' Orchestral & Electro Sci-Fi cue's.

Dean

Hi,( Great forum)
My Name is Dean Valentine,I'm a self-taught musician and I've worked as a professional composer for TV & Film since 1999,I'm always looking to collaborate on a Film/Game/TV project,maybe with someone here at the forum.
In March 06 I set up my new studio and In October 06 I launchedwww.deanvalentine.com.
Aswell as TV & Film work I am also working on a few cues for 1 or 2 game's,a great medium for composing big orchestral cues(see samples below).

Demo's: (from new studio)

http://deanvalentine.com/mp3/Darkmatters_Theme_SF.mp3

http://deanvalentine.com/mp3/Darkmatters_Retribution_edit_SF.mp3

Thanks,
Dean

Pretty good

Pretty good

i just listened to the first MP3 and it was pretty good. Very high energy there. have you done many shorts or features?

hey I've got a question?

How do you record what you create with the software you've got?

I noticed that there are no recording things anywhere?

Do you do it on another computer? ???

Very perplexed :D

what do you mean no recording stuff

what do you mean no recording stuff

what do you mean, "no recording stuff here" ? i just used the garage band on the MAC. i suggest you try it first before you go for other programs. it is very very easy to use.

no, I understand, I could use Grage Band or other programs like Sound Forge.... and turn the recording towards Stereo Mix, BUT the thing is...

I was wondering if there were any built in recording/mixing options with the EWQLSO software...

Hi Kim,
Thanks,
I've done a number of 26 & 52 part 1/2 hour series both animation and live action plus a bunch of shorts,documentaries but I'm always open to new collaborations.
I'm working on a live action series at present and another animation series after christmas but I'm moving towards Games at present,I've done one or two small things so far.
I plan to post a new cue new soon if anyone's interested in a listen.
visit www.deanvalentine.com for more info.

Dean

DBXMe2,
I use Protools on a Mac G5 Quadcore to record audio & Midi,sequencing and so on,but I master everything on my PC using Soundforge,(still the best).(Its actually recommended to have 8 computers networked to open the entire orchestra!!)

EW/QL default player has switched from Kompakt to Kontakt 2,EW/QL are also bringing out they're own sample player soon.
you can't record with the sample players but theres plenty of mixing options & tons of things you can do with it,but you still need a very good sequencer and some serious harware to run a library like EW/QL Symphonic Orchestra (140ghz!)like Logic,protools,cu-base etc for recording.

Dean.

Hey BenB,

EW Platinum Pro Xp library is 140ghz in size
Garriton S.O. is 10ghz in size

I only use one macG5 quadcore myself and still write huge scores so I would never envisage using 8 macs myself.

Dean.

BTW:
I meant to say that I've remixed and revised this cue,integrating the electronics alot more with the orchestra and extended it by about 2 minutes,adding a much bigger climax.
I'll post it when I get a chance.

Dean.

Network Sponsors

Back