Showcasing some of my orchestral work influenced by Hans Zimmer, Michael Giacchino, Joe Hisaishi ...

Mr Greg

Hey there, Greg here. I'm an established composer mainly working as an orchestral composer/arranger for bands that need orchestral parts for their tracks. My pro work is one thing and it doesn't allow me to venture into many musical paths I'd wish to explore. I have very broad musical influences ranging from Classical music (I'm a cellist), to modern movie scores like Hans Zimmer or Danny Elfman but also to Pop, Rock (Pink Floyd...), Metal (Meshuggah...), Rap (Control Machete...), Electronic or Dance music (David Guetta, Daft Punk, Amon Tobin...), Salsa, Bossa Nova (Joao and Bebel Gilberto...), Samba (Maria Rita...), Jazz (Dorothy Ashby..), Crooners, Soul RnB (Leroy Hutson, Anderson Paak...), Psychedelic, Experimental (Mr Bungle...), and many others I won't cite otherwise it will just be an endless listing.

Anyway. Let's say these personnal projects are a release after work and I would like to share them some with you for either you own listenig pleasure (granted you like them), or use in your student projects for free.

License terms for most tracks:
  • Free to use in personal non-monetized youtube videos movies twitch streams tiktok and student projects. Credit and link to used track is mandatory. Ads may run on your video on my behalf. Every track is copyrighted and registered to BMI.
  • For commercial projects and/or to remove the ads, a license must be purchased.

If you want to support this work, you can buy digital copies on Bandcamp for 1 buck.

My latest track is called Transcendence. It's heavily inspired by Epic Heroic soundtracks but has the structure of a Rock track with intro/verses/choruses/bridge/outro

One other track is called A Bird's Life. It's actually more an Orchestral Suite rather than a track, it has several themes and evolves a lot. The mood is more Romantic.

Another track I can share is called We Own This Land which is actually released under Creative Commons CC BY 4.0 so you can use it even in commercial projects. Credit is required. This was one of my first epic cues.

Thank you for listening!

Last edited:
I have just finished listening. You are extremely talented! Congrats for all the hard work you put to create these samples! They sound amazing!

Mr Greg, you are obviously a very experienced composer! I am a mere student, however, I am honestly impressed by your work.

Thank you Maura and Julia for the kind words. I'm also very open to critics (positive and negative) because it is interesting to understand what caught your ear. It won't change the track as they are but it can influence me in the future.

@juliadoyle since you're a student, you can use these tracks for your projects if you see fit (see first post). Transcendence may be too much on the large scale but Bird's Life may have some interesting parts for you to use. One famous composer once said that you should write and size your orchestra for an amount of players that can fit what you see on screen. So a huge battle field can fit a 150-200 piece orchestra but you may only be able to squeeze in 15-20 people (edit:in a scene taking place in a kitchen) . I think it was Zimmer who said that.

Last edited:
Mr Greg, my personal favorite from what you have shared is "We Own This Land". Would it be possible to use a part of it in a future project for Uni? How can I credit you?
Amy

Mr Greg, my personal favorite from what you have shared is "We Own This Land". Would it be possible to use a part of it in a future project for Uni? How can I credit you?
Amy
Hi Amy, sure, no problem, it'd be my pleasure. Regarding the credit, this track is licensed under CC BY 4.0 so you just have to insert the following during the credits of your project in the Music or Songs section:
"We Own This Land"
Composed by Greg Guillaume
Licensed under CC BY 4.0

and in the description field if there's one like on Youtube, Vimeo etc:
"We Own This Land"
Composed by Greg Guillaume
Licensed under CC BY 4.0
[link to youtube video]

That's it.

There's no obligation but if you could put a link showcasing the final work here, that'd be great!

Bonjour à tous,
here is a new Orchestral Suite heavily inspired by Hans Zimmer's action / suspense cues divided in several parts:

Extermination Sketchbook Orchestral Suite:
Part1 - Critical Alert (Suspense / Stress)

Part2 - Under Assault (Action)

I hope you will enjoy them and maybe find a use for your projects. Cheers!
Greg

Hans Zimmer has a great impact on your compositions and I can see that from your last two tracks! I am impressed by the quality of the sound!

Thank you Robert and Julia, glad you could hear this influence in this Sketchbook.

@Robert Miller haha maybe who knows... or maybe he'd throw some rotten tomatoes at me!

@juliadoyle thank you, feel free to use them in your student projects if you see fit ;)

Network Sponsors

Back