Copy Protecting DVD

S

sporte1100

I'm finishing a short film and wanted to know if there is any software out there that can copy protect my DVD. I'm working on a Mac using FCExpress and iDVD. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you are just burning the DVD yourself, no. If you have it professionally replicated, it can be copy protected the same way most DVDs that you buy movies on are copy protected.

This FAQ mentions the types of copy protection for DVD. It also says:

None of these copy-protection schemes will stop well-equipped pirates, and including them will add to the cost of replication.

Personally, if I'd made a short and sent out the DVD and people were copying it, I'd be more than happy... the more people who see a short the more likely it is to end up in the hands of someone who might provide funding for future movies.

I believe that's how 'South Park' came about, for example; though it probably wasn't a DVD back then :).

Re: Copy Protecting DVD

sporte1100 said:
I'm finishing a short film and wanted to know if there is any software out there that can copy protect my DVD. I'm working on a Mac using FCExpress and iDVD. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CSS (Content Scrambling System) is what you need. It does cost you $150 per title if you replicate through us. The rationale is: You can't stop the pirates, but you can stop the amateurs. We have an article about CSS you can found at http://www.newcyberian.com/howto_add_css.html. We also offer pretty good dvd replication prices too.

Network Sponsors

Back