Composition

prisma

Hi my name is Edgar. Im new to this forum and also to the filmmaking community. All my life I wished to be a filmmaker but I didnt have any money to go to college, neither i had the money to pay thousands of dollars for 16 mm film and equipment. So I abandoned all my hopes and just realised that filmmaking was for the children of the rich. Recently I discovered the wonderful and affordable world of Digital Filmmaking. And I was completely blown away. Now you can shot a short or a feature film with little or not budget. So I have hope, once again to become a filmmaker.
And Im studing really hard about digital filmmaking, I have purchased several books, and also saving money to buy a good prosumer 3 chip camera. But anyway I dont want to bore you guys with my story. I have a simple technical question. I want to shoot 16:9 widescreen. When you do a normal composition (like in photography) one technique is to devide an a4 sheet of paper in 9 squares and to arrange the subjects within these sqares. So my question is how can i devided a widescreen shot that doesent resemble an a4 sheet to create artistic compositions?

Thank you guys.

Network Sponsors

Back