Composer wanted for short film project

M

MRoytman

I'm currently in pre-production on what's likely going to be a 12 minute short film. Since my last short film I have realized the importance of sound, and I don't mean in a get a good microphone so people can comprehend what your character is saying sort of way.
The way I see it right now sound composition appears to even surpass visual composition in setting the mood for a film. Because vision is the most dominating of our senses, when our eyes are kept busy sound has the ability to sneak up on us and influence us emotionally like nothing else.
So while my first instinct is to try to get a composer onboard during post production, I'm going to try and jump the gun a little bit and see what can come of starting to get a composer's input in from the get go.
Since this is a short film there is not going to be any pay. The cost of production is too high for me to add in human cost, not to mentain that there is nearly absolutely no way that I can make a profit off of a short. I'm doing this for the love of filmmaking and for experience, and I want a composer who is looking for the same.
If you're interested, leave me a message and we can discuss things over.

NOTE: I have considered the possiblity of using multiple composers for different types of scenes. So respond even if you're interested but don't have time to do a 12 minute short. Also if you're really motivated to do this project on your own, let me know as well.

Looking forward to hearing back from some talented composers.

Hi, I see someone has responded to this post already but if you are still looking for someone I have worked on many short films before and love composing for them, so please get in contact.

Rhi

Greetz from Serbia ...

Greetz from Serbia ...

Hi, I am Marjan, 28 years old film and theater music composer... I have 7 years long expirience, so if you are interest to know something more about my work, you can reply me here, or directly on my e-mail - maxwell0509@hotmail.com ...

See you soon

Marjan

Hello, i would love to help you out and compose a scene or two for you. if you have any questions you can email me or IM me

ciao for now,

Andrew

My name is Jim,
I'm very interested in collaborating with you on your 12 minute short film. I can offer my services as a Composer / Sound Designer / Foley Artist / Song Writer / Voice-over Artist.
I have my own digital recording studio and can compose music / sound design / songs etc in many styles. Different genre samples of my work, both visual and musical can be found on my website:

http://www.jimcpettigrew.com

Please feel free to contact me to discuss any of your musical needs, I can assure you I can provide you with the professional sound you require, and I always give 100 percent good communications when collaborating via the internet.
I always enjoy a fresh challenge and always work to very high standards as well as delivering on time!
I look forward to hearing your feedback and hope we get to collaborate in the near future.

Best regards,
Jim.

21-01-2008

http://www.jimcpettigrew.com
http://www.betarecords.com/jim.c.pettigrew

re: what kind of short?

re: what kind of short?

Hi there,

I'm also interested in working on your project.
I'd like to find out more about your short. Please feel free to mail me anytime.

I have been involved with a number of projects involving various musical genres. Some of my material can be found at:

www.myspace.com/shaftpm

Yoroshiku,
Oli

Network Sponsors

Back