Cinematographer for independent feature film

Charles Bramon

Looking for a DP for a SAG/Aftra modified budget, romantic comedy feature, to be filmed in Brooklyn and New York City. First day of principal photography is scheduled for May 11th or latest June 1st. Shooting schedule is 25 days at 5 days/week.

DP should preferably be a veteran of feature films and have experience in romantic comedy. DP will be working with a multi-award winning, veteran TV commercial director. The lighting style we’re looking for is similar to the movie “Wedding Crashers”.

Depending on the final budget, the pay will be a minimum of $500 to a maximum of $750 per day.

With the short shooting schedule of 25 days, the DP must be able to light quickly and efficiently. Additionally, due to a tight budget, the DP must be a New York local hire, wherever you’re from.

Please message us with a link to your work. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey Charles,

My name is Anthony DeRose and I am a NY based cinematographer. I saw your post looking for a Dp for a romantic comedy feature. I have been a cinematographer for several years and have spent most of my career in New York. I have strong crew contacts in the tri-state area in the camera, grip and electric departments. I have a lot of experience with tight schedules and understand the need to be quick and efficient in order to tell the story that needs to be told.

You can find my work here at www.anthonyderose.com

Cheers
Anthony DeRose
anthonyderosedp@gmail.com
908-230-2323

Hi Charles-

My name is Austin Smoak- I'm an NYC based cinematographer. I have over 15 years experience of in the film industry, 14 in LA and 2 here in New York.

As a DoP my work includes shooting 3 narrative feature films, a variety of documentaries, TV and short films. Much of my work has been on low budget, independent sets- so I understand very well how to move efficiently and get the most out of limited resources. I've also amassed a great set of crew contacts here in NY that know how I work and can move quickly without being micromanaged.

You can find my reel, resume and more about me here: www.austinleesmoak.com
My reel is currently being updated but the one on the site should give you a fair idea of my work. Let me know if I can send along additional samples.

I hope to get the chance to come on board!
Thanks!
Austin
austinsmoak@gmail.com

Hi Charles,

My name is Nico Navia, I'm an LA/NY based cinematographer. I'm interested in knowing more about your project. I have more than decade of experience working in everything from narrative, commercial and documentary work in a wide range of genres. I have worked on numerous narrative feature films not only as principal cinematographer but also as 2nd Unit, operator and gaffer so I understand what my crew needs to work not only efficiently but to the highest standards.

You can find my reel and samples of some of my work on my website: www.niconavia.com

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks for reading!
Nico Navia
(786) 231-8392
niconaviadp@gmail.com

Looking for a DP for a SAG/Aftra modified budget, romantic comedy feature, to be filmed in Brooklyn and New York City. First day of principal photography is scheduled for May 11th or latest June 1st. Shooting schedule is 25 days at 5 days/week.

DP should preferably be a veteran of feature films and have experience in romantic comedy. DP will be working with a multi-award winning, veteran TV commercial director. The lighting style we’re looking for is similar to the movie “Wedding Crashers”.

Depending on the final budget, the pay will be a minimum of $500 to a maximum of $750 per day.

With the short shooting schedule of 25 days, the DP must be able to light quickly and efficiently. Additionally, due to a tight budget, the DP must be a New York local hire, wherever you’re from.

Hi Charles
I have over thirty years of experience in the television industry, I have work for almost all mayor networks including documentaries for BBC. I will like to explore with you the possibilities of being the DP for your movie. I also have over 30 years of spiritual studies with a master from india, thanks to this a lot of magic happens when i am part of a project. lets studied the script together and see if we are mutually interested. while I wait for your response I will take a look at visual stile of wedding crashers. hope to hear from you. Enrique

Attachments

• head shot Enrique Gallego.jpeg
    head shot Enrique Gallego.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 192
  • RESUME-ENRIQUE-GALLEGO-FoxuniviPDF.pdf
    166.5 KB · Views: 239
Hi, my name is Juan Carlos Cajiao and I’m a director and photographer. I’m contacting you because I would like to put on consideration my CV as director of photography for your project. Thank you for your attention, I hope I can help you in any way you need.

Attached you will find a link to a Google Drive containing my CV.

I am currently shooting overseas, but if you need or want me to contact you or arrange a visit to your office just let me know, I would be happy to do so.

Thanks again for your time and consideration on this or any future project.

Best regards,
Juan Carlos Cajiao Velasco

Hello Charles,

My name is Isabel Padilla, I have been a cinematographer for a few years now, mostly on low budget independent productions, I also have a lot of experience as a gaffer, so I understand how to light fast and efficiently. I have worked in most kinds of formats, from film to digital; and in almost every genre; being at the moment in preproduction for 2 very different feature films. I am based in New York and have enough connections to make things easier and maybe even cheaper.

You can find my reel and projects at my website: isabel padilla

Looking forward to hear back from you and more about the project.

Best,

Isabel.

isabelpadillasoto@gmail.com

Wedding Crashers is a perfect example of rom-com lighting. I have a few examples that are close-ish; these comedies were romantic, but also dramatic, and so had less front fill light:

My montage reel, which is mostly dramas: Chasing Shadows
My IMDB: Don Starnes - IMDb

I'm a veteran DP, having shot a half dozen features plus a lot of second unit, in addition to lots of shorts, TV, documentaries, commercials and music, for over 35 years. I'm very fast. I live and work in LA, but work as a local in NYC, because I love he place.

I'd love to talk with you further about your project.

Don Starnes

Hello Charles,
You might be overwhelmed.... :) So, I will be very brief.
I am professional Cinematographer with an extensive international experience in shooting variety of shows, mainly feature films, including many comedies and dramas. I am fast and very efficient on set. Proficient in lighting.
I am local in NYC.
Here is my demo reel and a few links to the trailers of some of the comedies I have shot in the past:

DEMO-REEL - Christo Bakalov, BAC Cinematographer:

"5 Weddings" 2019, comedy/drama trailer:

"Holiday Makers" 2017, comedy trailer:

"Tere Mere Phere" 2011, comedy trailer:

"Gollu aur Pappu" 2014, comedy trailer:
"Gollu aur Pappu" comedy scene: Gollu aur Pappu - Trailer
"Gollu aur Pappu" comedy song1: 'Maa' Video Song | Gollu aur Pappu | Vir Das, Kunaal Roy Kapur
"Gollu aur Pappu" comedy song2: Gollu Aur Pappu Video Song | Vir Das | Kunaal Roy Kapur

Thank you very much for taking the time looking at my work.
I am looking forward to hearing from you. I believe I will be a good fit to your team and your show.
Best,
Christo Bakalov, BAC - Cinematographer
ph: 203 512-9261
DEMO-REEL: DEMO REEL Christo Bakalov, BAC - Director of Photography 2min-HD

Wedding without a theme is always boring, and in desi culture, like Pakistan and India, it's hard to believe that Wedding Themes are a thing now, and the new brides and grooms are going gaga over it. To have a wedding theme is the trendiest thing right now. Imagine how beautiful it looks when all the elements of your wedding are in sync and according to a particular shade and are perfectly coordinated with any color for your choice, as summer has just started we at The shaadi filmers decided to bring some amazing theme ideas and inspiration for your big days. The vibe of a wedding with a theme is different, it looks gorgeous, and on top, it creates some picture-perfect memories for a lifetime.

I am impressed by all the great responses to the post. I spoke with Charles and I think he has to wait for things to open up after the Coronavirus. I will ask him the next time we speak to come online and let you guys know the status. However, no matter what, good quality replies. And, you never know when someone is going to need your services including me! Thank you!

Network Sponsors

Back