cheap editing software

drew123

I'm looking to make a very low budget zombie movie, with friends and family as actors, it's going to be bad, that goes without saying but that's part of the fun I guess. Anyway I digress, I'm looking for a good, cheap editing program. I've attempted little, for lack of better words, film shorts before but the cheap program I'm using (don't know the name, it's my cousin's, but it's worse than windows movie maker) doesn't let you cut from one scene to another. So no mid shots to close ups or anything like that. Also the sound gets all out of whack. I would put my budget at $100-$500. Any ideas

Pinnacle Studio

Pinnacle Studio

If you are PC, I would recommend (AVID's) Pinnacle Studio 14. Costs around a hundred-ish, and is essentially a light version of Liquid. Very powerful for the money.

I have been working with a video editing software from the branch MAGIX for many years. I recommend you Movie Edit Pro from the same company. It's 99 dollars. In my opinion the software from magix is the best in this pricing category. I just finished a short documentary project (my first project ever since) with this software and I love the results. Just check the homepage. They also give video presentation- http://www.magix.com/us/movie-edit-pro/plus/

I'm looking to make a very low budget zombie movie, with friends and family as actors, it's going to be bad, that goes without saying but that's part of the fun I guess. Anyway I digress, I'm looking for a good, cheap editing program. I've attempted little, for lack of better words, film shorts before but the cheap program I'm using (don't know the name, it's my cousin's, but it's worse than windows movie maker) doesn't let you cut from one scene to another. So no mid shots to close ups or anything like that. Also the sound gets all out of whack. I would put my budget at $100-$500. Any ideas

This link might have some info to help.

http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/top-5-free-video-editing-software-review.html

The product called Avid Studio is actually a pretty stout program...lots of capabilities and codec support for around 150 USD...but that's Windows.

On Mac you can use iMovie and probably be just fine. FCPX for all it's warts will probably catch on quite well for the student/enthusiast user. 300 USD isn't bad unless you need to buy a Mac to run it.

Network Sponsors

Back