canon GL2

N

Nevada

hi all,

I have my eye on a nice used GL2. i would like to get some thoughts and advice from people who own/owned this model. it is for student projects and personal use. i have experience with canon 35mm SLR's but none on thier camcorders.

GL2

GL2

Until this year when I switched over to HDV, I used a GL1 for all my productions (mostly docs and training videos). The GL2 is basically the same camera but with sound controls (a big, positive difference). I found the GL1 to be a very reliable and durable piece of equipment. It comes with a terrific lens and it is very lightweight so handholding is not a problem. For someone just starting out, I think the GL2 is a great choice. By the way, I donated my GL1 to a school to use in an introductory video class because I really believe it is an excellent camera for video beginners. Good luck. JimT

I currently own a GL2

its a good camera, its cute, and clean. You can do alot of things BUT! if you are going to invest any money into a camera for a production I would HIGHLY!!!!!!!!!!!! recommend the Panasonic DVX 100 series camera... ANY is fine, they are THE BEST for this class of camera.

Trust me, I'm trying to sell my GL2 so I can get their higher grade camera the AG-HVX200 this camera is SICK

add an depth of field adaptor on this and you've got a REALLY good looking image that looks almost exacly like Super 16. and that is AMAZING.

Panasonic all the way.. Trust me, I used to be a big Canon supporter too...

Network Sponsors

Back