cam opinions/advice.

Oman

Thanks for the advice guys, anyone know and good sites to get at because all im coming across is amazon and silly comparison sites that lead nowhere!

Last edited:
I recommend you look around and see if there are any 2000 dollar cameras out there with interchangeable lenses...there aren't...unless you go with a B Stock or a used DSLR possibly, though a series lenses will run you that much or more to acquire...then of course there's audio...

For 2000 dollars, if you want a camcorder, I'd look at what is out there for consumer AVCHD cameras and try to avoid shooting anything with the zoom lens set wide...that will at least manage your depth of field somewhat.

For 2000 dollars, your options for "pro functionality" will be limited if not non-existent, so I'd look for the best image quality and work around the lack of pro features until you have the resources to move into higher end equipment.

The pd150 is pretty good, but if you want something with a great image and awesome shallow depth, I would think of purchasing a Canon 7D ($1,800). The only con with that is that you can't get great audio in camera. But you can purchase the Zoom h4n 4-track recorder ($299). It records great audio with the mic built in, but it also has XLR inputs. Good stuff man.

thanks for the help guys, anyone know any good sites to look at for purchases cus all im coming across is ebay and amazon or silly comparison sites that lead nowhere...

manufacture sites

manufacture sites

you can go to the manufacture sites and find places or sites to buy at. We don't endorse or encourage posting non sponsored links. We do not want the site to become a link posting forum.

Network Sponsors

Back