BTST - Episode 1 - "Sashia"

age_of_ultra

Hello all,

Please take the time to view my web series for BTST (Episode 1 - "Sashia")!

Plot: Two agents from the Norton Foundation head over to investigate the mysterious case of a brutally assassinated gang leader and the myth surrounding a renegade group of assassins.

A few points:

1. The writing could have been MUCH better if I could work with more assets, animations, background and well, assets in general. I had to retract some of the plot points and re-architect the script entirely to accommodate the paucity of resources. I wanted to delve a lot into the exposition aspect, character interactions, ancillary story points etc
  2. Please watch it till the end if you get a little bored with the characters talking! Hoping you won't fast-forward it! My intent is to make this serve as an overture into explaining the expansive mystery shrouding the eponymous title. This obviously will be scaffolded in the subsequent episodes.
  3. I tried to have a twist in place in the end to pay homage to pilot episodes for renowned television shows that end on a cliffhanger kinda scenario
  4. Watermarks and janky animations are in place since I didn't want to pay for licensing :p
  5. Wanted to highlight the story more rather than relying heavily on CGI.

Last edited:
Hello age of ultra and welcome to our community!
The video is nice, however I would recommend you to use a video editor that does not leave a watermark. You can use a trial version of adobe premiere for example. :)

Hello age of ultra and welcome to our community!
The video is nice, however I would recommend you to use a video editor that does not leave a watermark. You can use a trial version of adobe premiere for example. :)
Thank you. I will try to re-draw the video with adobe premiere. I believe I did use it a while back

Hey there! Nice job! In some cases, trial versions are very helpful if you do not wish to pay for the licensing. Some don't add the watermark. If you get professional, you will need to pay for licensing or look for open source alternatives :) Fortunately, there are some affordable ways of having licensing, you can use all adobe suite for about $60/month or Premiere Pro for about $30 / month which is very affordable compared to the full price of the software :)

Hey there! Nice job! In some cases, trial versions are very helpful if you do not wish to pay for the licensing. Some don't add the watermark. If you get professional, you will need to pay for licensing or look for open source alternatives :) Fortunately, there are some affordable ways of having licensing, you can use all adobe suite for about $60/month or Premiere Pro for about $30 / month which is very affordable compared to the full price of the software :)
Thank you!
I will look into it. The software that I used outputted it with the watermark despite it still being in the trial version. It has another feature which allows you to see a preview of the entire video without the watermark which I could have just screenrecorded. Felt a bit shortchanged when the indelible watermark was plastered across the screen but it had some of the best editing efects.

I am happy to see how passionate you are, this project of yours looks like a lot of hard work!
Thank you! It was my first attempt at creating a short. Wanted to give it a better cadence with storytelling but was hobbled by my amateurish animation. It was either just create a generic script or tell my story through animation.

I created all the animation from scratch save for a few:
1- The agents in either a folded arm or listening pose
2- One of the agents tripping

May I know the name of the software?
I linked it in my post actually. Guess you did not see it. The name is DaVinci Resolve.
You created this from scratch? Impressive! You should seriously consider working for a company in this field

Thank you!
I will look into it. The software that I used outputted it with the watermark despite it still being in the trial version. It has another feature which allows you to see a preview of the entire video without the watermark which I could have just screenrecorded. Felt a bit shortchanged when the indelible watermark was plastered across the screen but it had some of the best editing efects.
Adobe is more professional than the software you used and it is definitely worth looking into. The best art...it does not add any kind of watermark for its trials. There is also Adobe After Effects if you need special effects :D

I linked it in my post actually. Guess you did not see it. The name is DaVinci Resolve.
You created this from scratch? Impressive! You should seriously consider working for a company in this field
Oh i missed it. Did'nt see that it was hyperlinked. Thank you will check it out.

"You created this from scratch? Impressive! You should seriously consider working for a company in this field"

Haha, thank you. But I don't think Im still there. My animation is quite stilted right now. Maybe not in animation, but with script-writing I'm trying to develop a story at the moment.

Adobe is more professional than the software you used and it is definitely worth looking into. The best art...it does not add any kind of watermark for its trials. There is also Adobe After Effects if you need special effects :D
Thank you. I was checking out the adobe suite just before I saw your message. I remember using it a year back in college when we all got free license for it during a semester.

Hello all,

Please take the time to view my web series for BTST (Episode 1 - "Sashia")!

Plot: Two agents from the Norton Foundation head over to investigate the mysterious case of a brutally assassinated gang leader and the myth surrounding a renegade group of assassins.

A few points:

1. The writing could have been MUCH better if I could work with more assets, animations, background and well, assets in general. I had to retract some of the plot points and re-architect the script entirely to accommodate the paucity of resources. I wanted to delve a lot into the exposition aspect, character interactions, ancillary story points etc
  2. Please watch it till the end if you get a little bored with the characters talking! Hoping you won't fast-forward it! My intent is to make this serve as an overture into explaining the expansive mystery shrouding the eponymous title. This obviously will be scaffolded in the subsequent episodes.
  3. I tried to have a twist in place in the omegle end to pay homage to pilot episodes for renowned television shows that end on a cliffhanger Bazoocam kinda scenario
  4. Watermarks and janky animations are in place since I didn't want to pay for Chat iw licensing :p
  5. Wanted to highlight the story more rather than relying heavily on CGI.
Hey, folk! You have done a great job! In some cases, trial versions are very helpful if you do not wish to pay for the licensing. Some don't add the watermark. If you get professional, you will need to pay for licensing or look for open source alternatives. Fortunately, there are some affordable ways of having licensing, you can use all adobe suite for about $60/month or Premiere Pro for about $30 / month which is very affordable compared to the full price of the software :)
Thanks.

Network Sponsors

Back