Bleeding on Cue

T

theairconditioner

My group and I are currently attempting to work out how to film a scene involving a still image that happens to have red in it bleed on cue.

Basically we want to continue panning in and then eventually the red portion of the image would begin to drip as if blood on cue as lightening strikes.

I've been gruelling over this for a week now and am growing frustrated. How would you guys do this?

Basically I need 3 things

1-How do I make the image begin to bleed on cue? My idea was that I'd color it in with thick red wet paint and use a fan as soon as I want it to begin bleeding. However, I don't know if this would work.

2-I was going to use the lightening effect in my software program, however, I wanted to know if there was a cost effective way to portray a flash of lightning in real life

3-I want the whole thing to be in black and white with only the red part of the picture being in color. Is this possible?

Please...anyone who can help out with any of the 3 things reply ASAP.

Thank you very much.

For the third question google the "pleasentville effect" that should help you out a litlte.... right now i'm not sure about the first two. If i think of something I'll let you know.

Definitely do the lightning inside your software because it will look as good as the real thing if it's animated properly.

You could also do the blood digitally which would make it easy to keep it red with everything else B+W. If I was doing it, I would make a red solid in aftereffects, mask it into the shape I want, motion track it to the still image and animate the mask expanding. and have a blending mode on the red solid so it blends into the still.

Network Sponsors

Back