best camera for a documentary program?

R

rdegracia

I am trying to figure out what is the best camera to buy in order to face the shooting of a new documentary program I am about to start.

producers want quality, and some kind of "real look". they are telling me about "supersize me ", "30 days" "BBC HOrizon" or "in this world" look... as you can see so different ones... jejeje. Does any of you know wich camera was used in this projects?

wich camera would you buy?

* EX1?
* HVX200? ...I'am scared... what if they release the new version of this camera?
* new XD Cam 700 29.000$

and... why?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

I'd probably get the Sony EX XDCAM over the HVX200. The EX has 1/2" sensors instead of 1/3", seems to have more professional features and probably less noise, better sharpness (it's newer technology after all). But that's an opinion just based on rumor and heresay; I haven't done my own tests.

I am trying to figure out what is the best camera to buy in order to face the shooting of a new documentary program I am about to start.

producers want quality, and some kind of "real look". they are telling me about "supersize me ", "30 days" "BBC HOrizon" or "in this world" look... as you can see so different ones... jejeje. Does any of you know wich camera was used in this projects?

wich camera would you buy?

* EX1?
* HVX200? ...I'am scared... what if they release the new version of this camera?
* new XD Cam 700 29.000$

and... why?
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Rent don't buy what depreciates. I'd use RED... it isn't exactly a nimble system, but - wow, the Look.

Network Sponsors

Back