Basic Question

writegirl

Hi:

I'm going to be making my first student film. I will be shooting mostly interior scenes for my project. Do I understand it right that my choice is either to record sound with an external mike plugged into the camera or record the sound separately using a DAT?

What mike would you recommend (and what camera for that matter)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

What kind of cam(s) will you be using for your film? And what is your budget? Those are important considerations. One thing I've learned in my short film student career is that what you spend on a mic is only the beginning.

Depending on your situation and camera you can record straight into the camera or on a seperate recorder. I have a 3ccd pansonic consumer camera that im going to shoot my first draft of my movie on and show my dad im serious so I can get a better camera but since I dont have a cemera with xlr plug ins im just going to record it into a mixer and out into a dat.

If I was you, I'd record the audio with the camera until you have ALL the visual done. Mix your movie and everything with those sounds and after you have the video finished move on to the audio. If you need to do ADR (Dialogue Replacement) then you can do so in a booth with little noise. Same for Foley. If you need help with the sound just email me.

Network Sponsors

Back