Avid or Final cut pro

T

thirdsirrah

I would like to know if either one of these programs work with microsoft vista? I know FCP works on apple , but is there a version that works with vista?

Final Cut Studio is Mac only.
You can get Avid for the PC, and will run in Vista, although I'd stay very far away from Vista for editing video.

Final Cut runs on OS X only. OS X can be installed on PCs. Many explanations on web tell how to install onto a ( potentially more robust piece of hardware {a PC} ), it is easier to get Premiere tho and it is in many ways superior to Final Cut. Also, Avid makes a version for PCs and then when you get a job at real Post House, you'll already know the Industry Standard's U.I.
Stay Well -

Final Cut runs on OS X only. OS X can be installed on PCs. Many explanations on web tell how to install onto a ( potentially more robust piece of hardware {a PC} ), it is easier to get Premiere tho and it is in many ways superior to Final Cut. Also, Avid makes a version for PCs and then when you get a job at real Post House, you'll already know the Industry Standard's U.I.
Stay Well -

Really? As an IT Engineer for over two decades, I've never seen OS X run on a Window machine without emulation software. Premiere is in no way superior to Final Cut Studio. And Final Cut now owns over 50% of the professional post production market, where Avid has lost market share and is not at something like 16%. Someone needs to double check their facts.

Short answer... FCP. By far more bang for the buck and Apple will be araound to support much longer than Avid... who just laid off a swarm of folks.
That said... wanna buy an Avid Adrenaline?
edit2.jpg

Media Composer 2.5.2, BCC AVX, Genarts Sapphire effects, After Effects, Photoshop, Avid DVDit, Sorenson squeeze, 2 gigs of ram, and 1 terabyte of uncompressed Avid storage.
I'll let it go for less than half of what I paid for it.
$20,000 firm
I will also make a package deal with everything included if you are interested in the decks, monitors, scopes, ect.

Network Sponsors

Back