Avid Xpress or final cut studio 2

B

blaise_7

Hello,

I am a student that will be attending film school in October, I am looking in to Avid Xpress and I just saw an advertisement for Final Cut Studio 2. I plan on using the software on a Mac PowerBook Pro, through out collage and after collage, I want to get the most use and power out of what I buy. I work with Final Cut Pro now and I have a ton of hours working with the adobe production suite. Does anyone have any information that will help me make my final decision?

Thanks
Blaise

You should go onto some of the apple and avid forums and search this topic. It is discussed all the time. Both apps have + and - 's. You get more bang for the buck with the FC Studio but Avid is an industry standard that has been around for a long time. Read, study and make you decision after that.

FCP Studio 2

FCP Studio 2

If you are planning to buy the whole studio package (which you should, its cheap enough) then in my opinion there is no contest.
The software you get apart from Final Cut itself is nothing short of revolutionary.
Apples Colour app (included in the package) is incrediably exciting, (there was some animosity from people in the industry that Apple included the program in the package as a couple of months ago people had paid $15 000 plus for the previous version of colour, as well as an couple thousand dollars a year for rights to use it. Their was great surprise when apple improved it and threw it in just like that. Wonderful)

Then you have motion 3, 3d motion design that will rock your world more than you thought possible. Not even going to start on this because ill go on for days.

Then you have Soundtrack pro, Compressor ( output and encoding just got a whoooole lot easier) the list goes on and on and on.

Do yourself a favour and go to the apple final cut studio 2 site.

I am Post Production manager for a large commercial production company who normally outsources post,
This release has got us very excited because it is a complete post production solution. The workflow you can achieve using this package rocks unbelievably. If you became proficient in all the included software you could finish a project and output it COMPLETELY INDEPENDENTLY .
Editing, Sound, motion design, COMPLETE COLOUR GRADING, authoring and outputting into any format your little heart desires. Grab Shake and you can do compositing and effects that kicks butt (anyone seen King Kong, Sunshine, 300? thank Shake baby)

Its the future man.
Dont resist it, itll only hurt.

And wait till phenomenon is released (Shakes new release - coming in a year or two)...man its going to knock the socks off systems like Flame and Inferno (high end online editing systems- veeeery expensive)

anyway
do it man

Network Sponsors

Back