Another 'What Camera?' Kind Of Thing

ralck

I am a film student and I am looking to buy a camera. I want to have manual controls, especially for focus and color balance.

I will be using this camera to do some indie film projects and maybe shoot some of my college's sports games. I have been looking at 3 cameras so far. I have listed them in what I feel is best to worst.
Best: Sony VX2100
Panasonic AG-DVC30
Least Best: Canon GL-2

All three are obviously high quality and on the prosumer level. They also all cost around the $2000 mark, the Panny being slightly cheaper and the Sony being slightly more expensive.

So does anyone have anything good or bad to say about these cameras?
Also, since these are a bit out of my budget, does anyone know of any other cameras with good manual settings. I don't mind a 1CCD camera, as I don't absolutely need a 3CCD cam to start.

And lastly, does anyone know any reputable sites that might give a cheaper price than B&H (and is not a scam!)? Or have a camera similar to this and wants to sell it?

Thanks!

Well, I'm planning on staying with MiniDV because I don't feel the HDV products are quite there yet, nor are their prices. I'm on a tight budget and can't spend more than a couple thousand to get HiDef.

So does anyone have any thoughs about these cameras? Anyone know of any other cameras that might come close too? I don't have to stay with one of these cameras: I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

Network Sponsors

Back