adding colour to 16mm film

wrongallover

Hi there,

I'm shooting a 16mm film. It will be black and white with the exception of some red flowers. Does it make sense for me to shoot in color, then go to black and white in post with the exception of the flowers, or shoot in black and white and add color in post? How would I do this and what could it cost?

Thanks

How long a shot will the flowers be? If it's just a few seconds, then you'll be best off scanning that section, adding color and outputting back to film.

Assuming you want a film print at the end, of course.

It's not a shot, but rather the entire film. Right now I"m leaning towards shooting in colour, making sure there is no red in the shot other than the flowers, and then pulling out all the color except the red through telecine. thought's?

MarkG said:
How long a shot will the flowers be? If it's just a few seconds, then you'll be best off scanning that section, adding color and outputting back to film.

Assuming you want a film print at the end, of course.

fyi, please don't post the same thing in multiple forums

If you're going to do a telecine and do all the effects on video, then yes, you could do that. But remember that you won't be able to get a film print to show without spending a lot of money.

Network Sponsors

Back