Acting Help

SlayeRRR

Hello,

I believe I have what it takes to be a good actor. But the only problem is I do not know where to start off. I have currently signed up for a ICT course at College. I know this might sound stupid but what are the things required to work in Hollywood?

I am willing to put 100% of my time that is required to get there, I just need to know what I have to get first and where to start off. Just a guide line of what is needed.

Edit: Sorry wrong section.

Last edited:
stand in the place where you are

stand in the place where you are

Do you have acting experience? If you've just signed up for College and will be there for a while to earn a degree, why don't you audition for projects going on in your film/theatre/broadcasting dept.?

I have not signed up for anything related to acting in College, I have no experience. So i was just wondering is it possible to be a good actor and successful without going to college. I want to do IT just in case acting is not for me, Where should i start off?

start at your school

start at your school

I suggest utilizing everything that your college has to offer.
If they have a film department or theatre department, you should drop by and ask if they have any theatre clubs or acting clubs. They might say yes, which is great! If they say "no, but you can start one yourself," stay motivated and inspired. If there is no outlet (for acting) in your school, then why not consider forming your own acting club at your school :) I think that the easiest way to try acting at this stage is to seek auditions and open casting calls at your school's film department and/or theatre department, (and/or broadcasting/television department). While you're studying and earning a degree at school, you'll feel good about really getting involved in your school. You'll also feel good about reaching out and making friends with students and professors in other departments, such as the film department, theatre department, etc.

"Is it possible to be a good actor and successful without going to college?" you ask.

This is kind of like a chicken/egg question. You should try acting and experience even a little bit of acting and auditioning first and see if you really like acting. And starting at your school is a great way to start. It's one thing to envision yourself as an actor, but how do you know what it really feels like to interpret a character and scene and to perform/deliver it in a moving way with people watching you and possibly giving you constructive criticism, unless you first try it even at the smallest level?

Start at your school.

Thanks for the advice :)

I asked this question because I have already signed up for a course at college and It is too late to start sign up for a new one.

I have been looking around and have found some auditions in my Area so I am going to look into that more and maybe join an acting school which charge £5/hr.

let us know how your auditions go

let us know how your auditions go

That sounds like great news. Let us know how your auditions go :)

Also, just to clarify, yes, I know you signed up for a different degree program at college, and I think that is great. I'm NOT recommending that you switch majors. That is up to you and how you work on your career path strategy/plan.

Network Sponsors

Back