A Walk in the Clouds

Kim Welch

Staff member
I watched the movie “A Walk in the Clouds” staring Keanu Reeves and Aitana Sánchez-Gijón last night. It was good and Keanu and Aitana did a good job but some of the scenes were over acted. It reminds me of another post I need to reply to again that is saying something to the effect of acting being the art of lying well. I absolutely do not believe that is what it is about. I think it is about honesty. I think the actor needs to tap into the raw nerves of the cerebral cortex for the honest emotions of a character and bring to them surface. I want to be told the truth from the actor and not a lie or fake version. Give me the real thing. I think there are many slightly over acted over dramatized scenes but the one that especially stands out is the scene just after the fire with everyone moping around all charred up next to the wine field. don't get me wrong i enjoyed the movie and the story. It just didn't have the real deal feel to it like say "Million Dollar Baby" did. My favorite scene was when the wife and her BF look out the window and ask Paul if he is ok. If you have seen the movie let me know what you think.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114887/

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back