A verity of sound effects.

R

reindirkfilms

Ok I plan on doing like a lord of the rings kind of short but I cant seem to find a good site that will allow u to get those sound effects. would u happen to know any sites that are available.

Sound effects for large budget productions like LOTR are custom made for the project.

Check out this link about creating the sound effects for "King Kong".

http://www.filmsound.org/kingkong/

There are dozens of sound effects libraries on the market from General, Sony, Turner, 20th Century, Lucas and others. There are also pay-by-the-sound sites like Sonomic and SoundDogs.

Sound Design (creating Sound FX, Foley, etc.) is a true art form just like any other aspect of filmmaking. Sound FX libraries are an okay place to start, but truly great sound effects are created by experienced, professional sound FX editors and Foley artists.

Your best bet is to probably make them yourself. Be creative...if you need the sound of a body getting cut in half, you don't actually have to cut a body in half. You can use knives and melons and stuff like that (I think that's how they got the stabbing sound for Hitchcock's "Psycho"). If you get stuck with any specific effects, post them. There's enough creativity on here that I think someone will help you come up with something.

Network Sponsors

Back