25/30 p or 60/50i and the hvx200

illia

Thinking about the progressive mode of the new dv or hdv cameras I would like to know your opinion about wether to shoot on progressive or on interlaced. I've talked to an editor who prefered the interlaced pictures so he would be able to give the picture the specific cine-look he wants.
That's maybe true for tape-based cameras which is an interlaced device, but what about the p2 system of the panasonic hvx200? I intend to shoot a commertial whith this camera and the producer hasn´t already chosen if to shoot on sd or on dvcprohd (yes, sounds stupid for me too) should I shoot on progressive anyway?
And is the hvx200 able to record on sd (on tape) while recording on dvcpro hd on p2?

And what´s that crazy method panasonic tries to explain to justify the true HD resolution with a camera that has 3 ccd of 960 X 540 pixels?

The last question is about the optic, it is supposed to be a 400mm (35mm equivalent) but my camera assistant made some tests and found that the maximum telephoto gives about a 240mm in comparision with a 35mm lens. I didn´t make the test myself so I can't tell you for sure...

Network Sponsors

Back