2 cameras?

Sberry

I am going to be doing some demonstrations, will having 2 cameras make this a lot easier? An example would be Woodwrights shop. Makes sense to film from 2 views for editing?

I don't understand exactly what kind of films you are going to make, but there are some general issues about multi-camera shooting:
Pro:
- No continuity trouble. You don't have to take care about positions and stuff, if you repeat the scene from a different angle.
- Theoretically half the shooting time. You don't have to repeat the scene to cover it from a second angle.

Contra:
- Lighting is more difficult. It's hard enough to make it look good for one camera. Now it has to be good from two angles.
- You really want to use two identical cameras. If not, you will spend ages in post production trying to match the colors.
- Two cameras mostly cover a bigger part of the set than one. You will have more difficulties to hide lamps, microphones and such.

So:
For documentaries, it's great. You don't have to tell people to repeat stuff ("I need a closeup, please!")
For fiction, it is sometimes quite handy. But if you have the time, shoot one angle after another.

That's what I think about it.[/list]

Network Sponsors

Back