16mm lenses on a 35mm camera?

JZASMM

I have an Arri 35 BL 2 that has a bayonet mount. It's darn near impossible to find 35mm lenses that aren't PL mounts, and someone the other day mentioned that 16mm lenses could cover the entire frame? I was just wondering what sort of truth there was to this, and how it would differ from using actual 35mm lenses. Thanks.

Jacob

It's unlikely they would cover 35mm except for maybe the longest focal lengths. A 2X extender would probably allow them to cover but at a loss of speed and sharpness.

Alan Gordon Enterprises in Los Angeles seems to rent every old mount lens there is, otherwise I'd consider getting your camera converted to PL-mount. Or going on Ebay or somewhere to find the old Arri-B mount lenses for 35mm.

Right, I've seen Alan Gordon, and I've tried finding somewhere to change the mount, but haven't had any luck with that... Any idea where I should look for that service? I tried Axle Broda, bit he's not doing it anymore.

Thanks

I'm not an equipment owner so I've never had to do that... I'd talk to a tech at a rental house like Clairmont Cameras for advice.

Network Sponsors

Back