Working On Building Sets in Dallas

Kim Welch

Staff member
I worked as a carpenter years ago building sets in Dallas for on the JFK movie, directed by Oliver Stone. I loved it. I wanted to work on it when they went to New Orleans to finish and I had to stay in Dallas and take care of other obligations.

Last edited:
Wow

Wow

WOW, that's really cool. I know how it is working on a set and having to keep your mouth shut, and I think you work better without talking. I'm actually going through this as we speek. I'm out of town working for NBC on a period tv show, and all I hear are people complaining about there job and what all they have to do, when they should just shut up/ suck it up and comtinue working. Would you happen to know if there's a website I can go to that either helps or explains how to construct a set of a Tutor building?

I never experienced that. The people I worked with in JFK in Dallas were great people who worked hard and loved their work. I don't think I heard one of them complain while working. I think there were some issues where a Union carpenter didn't want to work with a non union carpenter but other than that they were great people happy to be working on a movie together.

Network Sponsors

Back