When was it when u got your intrestin filming ?

P

PowerDeo

Hey, im just curious when all of u guys got the interest in filmmaking and started filming. :p
I got the interest when i was around 13 years, and now im 15 :p

What about you guys ?

i was about 5 i think. i loved cartoons and movies

i was about 5 i think. i loved cartoons and movies

I got a little toy projector as a Christmas present or for my birthday when i was like 5 i think. I don't think i was in school yet. It had little reels of the Flintstones and some other short cartoons. I played with it for hours and loved that thing for some reason. Also, my dad and mom liked going to movies and they took my brothers and i with them to drive in movies and to the theaters. However, i think the making of movies didn't really get me until much later. I really became somewhat the person i am now is when i worked on the jfk production helping build sets in Dallas. It was probably the best job i have ever had or have ever had. I loved the energy and the fact i was using my skills to put things together for the film. It was extremely cool. I would get up at something like 5 am and bolt to the production office to get with a crew and work until late at night and then get 4 or 5 hours sleep and do it again like i really didn't need to sleep. There were no complainers or whiners or slow pokes or lazy butts. It was just "... get er done right and get er done right now" i loved it. That was when i fell head over heals in love.

Last edited:
Woow that was beautifull !! I reallly really am hoping soo much that i can go to America to study filming when im 18 . People usually ... nearly allways tell me im never serious but when they see me writing a script or behind a camera im sooo concentrated and focused on what im doing. I really like the way i am when im filming so i really hope my future will be in the filming industry !!

Soo any more comments ??

Last edited:
I was a sci-fi geek when I was young, watching Japanese monster movies and "Star Trek" re-runs, which lead me to reading sci-fi literature like by Arthur C. Clarke, which lead me to see "2001" when it premiered on TV in 1976 or so, when I was 14-ish. Then in 1977, I saw "Star Wars" and even more importantly, "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", the movie that really got me interested in how movies were made. I was 15.

"Close Encounters of the Third Kind"

"Close Encounters of the Third Kind"

"Close Encounters of the Third Kind", was one of the movies we studied in our writing about movies class. It is a great movie. by the way, i watched "The Astronaut Farmer (2006)" a few night ago again. I really like that movie. More hollywood than the other films you did with the brothers.

Wow .. u guys r booth above 30 years :p ... Im just 15 now ... I really got alot of inspiration from The behind the scenes DVD from the lord of the rings. How Peter Jackson talked about filming there was really beautifull ! It was really great ! Were filming 2 short films now and im also working really hard on the story for a new movie that i would like to send to film festivals and im not accepting any other place than first . :p

Wow .. u guys r booth above 30 years :p ... Im just 15 now ... I really got alot of inspiration from The behind the scenes DVD from the lord of the rings. How Peter Jackson talked about filming there was really beautifull ! It was really great ! Were filming 2 short films now and im also working really hard on the story for a new movie that i would like to send to film festivals and im not accepting any other place than first . :p

Ha! ok, I'm 29, but back when they had those behind the scenes featurettes on VHS tapes after the movie (yeah, way back in the 80s) my interest was mild. It was really a show on the Discovery Channel called Movie Magic, back in the late 80s or early 90s (i can't remember exactly...i was young) that got me interested in making movies. So, it wasn't a particular movie that got me interested. I was, however, influenced in my tastes by the Indiana Jones movies and the Lethal Weapon movies. Love action flicks.

Hehe, well yea Indiana Jones allready started before i was born :p ... But i still like those movies ... Never heard of movie magic, anyway .. is there a movie making show or program now ?

I I really became somewhat the person i am now is when i worked on the jfk production helping build sets in Dallas. It was probably the best job i have ever had or have ever had. I loved the energy and the fact i was using my skills to put things together for the film. It was extremely cool. I would get up at something like 5 am and bolt to the production office to get with a crew and work until late at night and then get 4 or 5 hours sleep and do it again like i really didn't need to sleep. There were no complainers or whiners or slow pokes or lazy butts. It was just "... get er done right and get er done right now" i loved it. That was when i fell head over heals in love.

That is awsome. Not only do I believe JFK to be the greatest film of all time but it is also my personal favorite and Oliver Stone is my favorite director.

As for me I first became interested in film from a very early age about 5 or so in fact JFK was the first film I ever saw at the theater but I didn't remember very much about it because I was young saw I watched it again a few years ago and the rest is history. But my first interest in film was from an acting standpoint, I didn't want to be a director till I was about 12 or 13 that was when I started writing short screenplays in writing tablets and now I have written 50 or so shorts and 3 features. I have also filmmed 15 or 20 shorts and also one of my shorts I let someone else film. I am also writting a fourth feature and I have outlines and treatments written for 10 more.

That is awsome. Not only do I believe JFK to be the greatest film of all time but it is also my personal favorite and Oliver Stone is my favorite director.

As for me I first became interested in film from a very early age about 5 or so in fact JFK was the first film I ever saw at the theater but I didn't remember very much about it because I was young saw I watched it again a few years ago and the rest is history. But my first interest in film was from an acting standpoint, I didn't want to be a director till I was about 12 or 13 that was when I started writing short screenplays in writing tablets and now I have written 50 or so shorts and 3 features. I have also filmmed 15 or 20 shorts and also one of my shorts I let someone else film. I am also writting a fourth feature and I have outlines and treatments written for 10 more.

I had the same thing :p ... When i was around 6 years we used to act for small school shows and the teachers allways said that I acted real good + i liked movies so i directly got interessted in acting and I kept practicing acting for a few years and then I saw the behind the scenes of The lord of the rings and Peter Jacksons words were the words that totally changed my standpoint and let me get interessted in directing.

Network Sponsors

Back