What is the best length for a TikTok video?

juliadoyle

I was thinking to practice making very short films and post them on tiktok because at the moment, from all of the platforms, it seems to provide content creators with the most exposure. Of course, if you are lucky to be picked by their unpredictable algorighm. I have seen many content creators post their work there and in the end, they got at least one viral video.

To increase my odds, I have read that my videos need to have a length. At the moment, a video on TikTok can be up to 10 minutes. I haven’t seen one video that is longer than 2 minutes in my For You page and this is why I am worried about this.

Any suggestion?

Studies show that the best length for a TikTok video is between 7 and 15 seconds. But don't worry, many have gone viral with longer videos, just try to keep them under a minute. Maybe try posting your short film by splitting it into more videos and make a Part 1, Part 2, link the next part in the comments etc.

Studies show that the best length for a TikTok video is between 7 and 15 seconds. But don't worry, many have gone viral with longer videos, just try to keep them under a minute. Maybe try posting your short film by splitting it into more videos and make a Part 1, Part 2, link the next part in the comments etc.
I didn't think of splitting into parts...what if Part 7 gets viral and people won't understand what it is about and not look at the other 6 parts?

The shortest, the better. Maybe try creating very short stories or only post preview from your full length stories and promote your YouTube channel where you post the full story. I've seen many people do that.

When it comes to TikTok, it's all about keeping it short and sweet. Most videos on the For You page tend to be under 2 mins, so if you want to increase your chances of going viral, it's best to stick to that time frame. However, if you have valuable information to share and you feel like you need more time, go for it! Make sure your content is engaging and worth watching for those extra minutes. To help boost your chances, try promoting your TikTok account on other social media platforms, like Twitter. And if you want to give your presence an extra boost, consider investing in Twitter Likes kaufen.

Last edited:
I would say that about 30 seconds is a good length but it depends what kind of video it is, i do think that if videos are the full 60 seconds people tend to get bored or skip through the video

TikTok allows videos up to 60 seconds long, but many TikTok users prefer shorter videos that are around 15-30 seconds in length.
Now, you can upload videos as long as 10 minutes on TikTok :)

According to recent data, the best performing video length will be 21–34 seconds.
FEAEMThXIAU5hFR.jpg

Network Sponsors

Back