What do you think of my film?

G

Gohanto

I've been working on this movie for that past 7 months and just finished it. What do you think of it?

(Note: Unless you like digging into experimental films I suggest reading my message I was going for: The film uses an American and a Mexican student as a metaphor of the paranoia many Americans hold against immigrating Mexicans who they feel are "stealing their jobs")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWmHRIIbZ6s

Thanks.

Film on US Mexico paranoia

Film on US Mexico paranoia

Congratulations on finishing your project!
I like your use of the lights, and you have some cool shots in there. I definitely feel the tension/paranoia you suggest. However, without you explaining I wouldn't know what it's really about. Maybe having something in the frame that suggest mexico or the us would give a hint. I can't tell that the guy is American or the other guy Mexican just by looking at them unless you specifically said so. I know that symbolism isn't always easy to get across but always try to think of it as the audience would. If you were an audience member and had no clue about the creators concept would you get it?
You also mentioned that it took 7 months, why is that? Was it difficult to find actors/ location/ equipment... I am planning on shooting my first short and so I'm curiuos why something this small would take such a long time.

Good luck on your future works!

i think is good but you need maybe to give some clues of the message. If playing with visuals is hard, what about sound or sound effects. For example, politicians or comon citizens talking (voice in off) about the "Dangers" of immigration. maybe some shots of the fence full of croses, geez have you ever seen that?, looks like a horror movie. But anyway i think your short is good just need a little more post production work.

Network Sponsors

Back