What do people think of Pinnacle Liquid Edition?

onion99

I have a PC and use Pinnacle Studio 9. Would like to upgrade to an editor with professional features. Should I consider moving to Liquid Edition or invest in a Mac for the future?

I've heard decent things about Liquid...

But if you're really interested in making an investment... I'd suggest going with either an Avid system on your PC... like Xpress Pro (with mojo if it's in your budget)... or a Vegas system... or going macintosh and looking into FCP.

Best of luck.

Yeah, I have Liquid Edition (via a cheap upgrade deal when Pinnacle stopped supporting their old hardware products), but I couldn't handle the interface, DVD creation was slow, and there were some really annoying bugs: on the other hand quite a few people seem to like it, and it does seem to do a good job of realtime effects, if you need a lot of them.

Personally my main use in the end was to qualify for one of the special upgrade deals to get a cheap copy of Avid Xpress Pro :). Though, with Avid's ludicrous European pricing, that was still the equivalent of the full US price when converted from dollars to pounds...

Network Sponsors

Back