What camera, editing software, dvd software do you use?

BigJoeJ

Just what the title says I am new to film making I have a script and friends willing to go just need some ideas and opions. My buget is pretty open.

Thanks for the help.

Joe

Let me see it

Let me see it

I have the Adobe Editing and DVD software but I have not officially used a camera for a shoot yet. The amount of equipment is really based on your funds. Can you post some of your script and give us an idea of your budget?

I used the Sony PD-150 for a few years, then tried out the JVC JYHD10-U. (one of the first HDV cameras)

For postproduction, I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 and Adobe Encore for DVD authoring. I have no problems with my editing software, although Premiere Pro starts to load up slow when you have lots of footage (editing a feature, for example) :)

I have both the Sony TRV-900 and the Panasonic DVX100a for cameras, a few Arri lights, and a Final Cut Pro HD system.

I chiefly use a Canon ZR 85 for shooting (something I don't recommend- if you can afford it, a 3 CCD camera is the way to go), and I have an older G4 iMac I run Final Cut Express on for editing. I use iDVD for DVD-Burning, it's from an older copy of iLife.

Sony Z1 with Senheisser 416 mike, Avid Xpress Pro HD, Sonic ReelDVD (which is horrid, but came free with the Avid software).

As with one of the other posters up above I also have a TRV900, though the mikes died a couple of years ago and the Firewire connection is intermittent: at certain cable angles it works but at other angles it won't. It was a great camera for its time -- I think it's telling that Sony removed several important features from the replacement to discourage professional use -- but it's mostly used as a DV editing deck or for holiday videos with an external mike these days. The Z1 is too big to carry for hours though the picture is far better.

sony trv900, basic lowel lighting kit, adobe premiere pro 2, after effects 7.

for my film though i hired a DP who had his own panasonic dvx and we rented a full lighting package from a place in nyc.

love the panasonic dvx btw!! amazing footage. i may stick with it for my next feature cuz i like it so much..

mc

Network Sponsors

Back