what animation creation software is popular

Animation is fun...

Animation is fun...

Would you like to do 2D or 3D animation?

Animation is fun...

Animation is fun...

If you want 2D, the most frequently used app is Macromedia Flash, and it's not that expensive either. You can do some really cool stuff for web design with flash as well. There's Flash standard and Flash Pro, I think Flash Pro allows for better integration with Video and Web.

Anyhow, most applications for 3-D modeling and animation can be pretty pricey.

The ones I hear about most frequently are also pretty complex. There's 3DsMax, Lightwave, Maya, and Softimage. Those are some of the heavy hitters. They're used for feature films and Sci-fi series. There are some less expensive applications, like Carrara Studio 3, and Ulead's Cool 3-D. There's also some sweetening plug-ins you can integrate into your app, like Deep Paint 3D 2.0, and Wonder Touch. Also, Adobe's After Effects can be used with some of these I believe, but I'm not sure as to how extensively it's used.

Here's a really helpful link to a forum for motion graphics. If you look around on there, you'll probably find something or someone to assist you on your quest for discovering the best 3-D app. Have fun...
http://www.mograph.net/board/

3d apps

3d apps

Softimage, Maya, and Lightwave are the big 3 for feature film production
Max has a pretty nice Niche carved out for itself in the Video Game industry but with the release of Max 6 it is making some pretty serious inroads to feature film use (not that it hasnt EVER been used in film..just not as often)

others to mention/keep an eye on are Animation master and Electric image: Universe

After effects is more of a compositing program...I'd put it in the same category as Combustion. It cant do true 3d yet although there are some plugins that'll do it for you....3d invigorator comes to mind...that one was by Trapcode I think....

Animation

Animation

Other program I used is to animate 3D is bryce but is not that good as Maya or softimage, and the price is lower. But what I really like is Stopmotion animation, you can do a lot of things with stopmotion, also you can combine it with Maya animations. its reallu cool :D

Do you have any examples of stop motion used with Maya?
I'd really like to see something like that, that would be awesome...

stopmotion and maya

stopmotion and maya

Shure I have, My proyect is a shortfilm wich we are finishing right now. We stared using bryce animation for some landscapes they look some of them look good but other look really fake especially when we wanted it to rain. Then we changed them for maya animation. when its finish I can show it to you.

Network Sponsors

Back