USC summer programs

Bsmith

Hey does anyone have any info about the summer programs at USC?

Like how much does each class cost and is it worth doing?

directing

directing

i took the directing intensive there last year. it was pricey but it was worth it. mine was a 4 unit class and came out to a bit over $4,000 for 7 weeks. i had no prior filmmaking experience and i really liked it and felt like i learned a lot. i think once you learn the basics, you can learn the rest by doing. one suggestion i have would be to have your script as close to finished as possible before you start. if you show up to class with no script and vague ideas, you'll be wasting your time.

Tiramisushi,
When you were at USC doing the directing class, did you know anyone taking screenwriting? I was looking at that one for our son since that is a weak area for him. I just wondered what the students' opinions of it were.

no, unfortunately i didn't know anyone taking the writing classes. they did cover the basics of story in the directing class, but that was specifically for a short. i have taken screenwriting classes through ucla extension and i thought they were pretty good. it's probably cheaper too.

Network Sponsors

Back