Transcription Service

ritz_simonsays

Hi everyone,

Good day!

I've been working in non-fiction production for a few years and my team and I got tired of how slow, frustrating and expensive transcription is. So we ran some tests by applying speech recognition to audio and video files and it worked great. It's amazing when you can get back transcription immediately with pretty good accuracy!

We've now built Simon Says (https://simonsays.ai), a website for automated transcription and we are looking for users to test the site and give us feedback.

I am looking for 10 users to try the beta site. If you have transcription needs, let me know.

Thanks
Ritz

Ohh.. Okay. Sorry for that. It should work without invite. I'll ask our developer team first. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you.

Hi Jared Isham

Yes, please sign up and this way the founder can email you with another invite code. If you still have some log in issues, please don't hesitate to tell me...

Thank you so much.

Finally tested out Simon Says. The concept is cool, but to be honest, I got better transcription from just uploading to YouTube and letting it do the auto transcribe...and that is free. For transcriptions I need timecode specific notation, so having my transcripts start at 00:00 doesn't help me much if everything I shoot is using Time of Day timecode. For something like that I would probably use the services of companies like www.rev.com and get my accurate time code transcription. And rev is only $1 minute of video, so that is super affordable.

Hope that helps, as of now I personally don't see a need for the service since it is already available for free with YouTube.

Finally tested out Simon Says. The concept is cool, but to be honest, I got better transcription from just uploading to YouTube and letting it do the auto transcribe...and that is free. For transcriptions I need timecode specific notation, so having my transcripts start at 00:00 doesn't help me much if everything I shoot is using Time of Day timecode. For something like that I would probably use the services of companies like www.rev.com and get my accurate time code transcription. And rev is only $1 minute of video, so that is super affordable.

Hope that helps, as of now I personally don't see a need for the service since it is already available for free with YouTube.
Completely agree. Even tho I like the idea, sometimes paying for professional service pays off more than doing it cheaply and fast. A professor friend of mine told me about a service he uses for his research. https://gotranscript.com/ was a life saver for him. I've found this online agency really helpful in a lot of ways too. The greatest part is that it supports many languages. I recommend it for everyone!

Network Sponsors

Back