to the "student" director

D

Digigenic

8)
There are a few things to take into consideration when seeking help within any community.

First, you must get to know the people within the community, this takes time, this takes patience.
Second, you shouldn’t enter a community with the preconceived notion that mutualism is common…
In particular, students who seek help from other students tend to be misguided. It's like the blind leading the blind...it’s a disappointment, but that’s why we usually look to teachers for help.

There are some very knowledgable professionals on the site though.
Keep in mind that if you’re lacking in creativity, that's an issue you'd have to work out, others can only educate you on the technical aspects. I guess that's why art classes always seemed strange to me...

This leads us to the third point…
The kind of help you ask for can be interpreted as having an advantageous undertone.
Ex. Someone looking around for an idea to share...is someone looking around for an idea to steal. The inexperienced and gullible are easily lured into these scenarios, but hardened artists, whether students or not, generally ignore this mangled method of operation out-reach.

Anyone who's ever created something from their heart, and had it taken away by idle hands would understand the fragility of this matter. I've had it happen to me on numerous occasions, and it makes an artist become overprotective, reclusive, and intolerable of anyone or anything getting between them and their art.

I try to help as best I can, but as a fellow student, I offer no definitive words of wisdom, nor do I offer my ideas for sharing, unless we’re family or really good friends.

Lastly, many students, including myself are out for summer vacation, and many of us are either unavailable or incapable of frequenting this site as often as we normally would during the school year.

So, given the clarification of these matters, and how it relates to the inactivity of the users on this site, I believe we now have a better understanding as to how and why this site might be useless to you.

Also, frankly, I'm sure a significant number of us have collaborated with writers on scripts before only to have it all come to nothing and lose all the work we've done: if you co-write a script with someone else and they give up, you can't use what you created because it's very hard to seperate out what you wrote from what your co-writer wrote... and if you continue and do really well and end up with some hugely successful award-winning short then the other person can cause all kinds of problems even if you did remove everything they ever added to the script.

In my experience, it's just not worth the hassle. I only use two kinds of scripts: the ones I write, and the ones writers bring to me in a fairly solid state. Co-writing, or getting a writer to write a script from my idea often seems like a good plan, but just hasn't worked for me.

There are a few things to take into consideration when seeking help within any community.

First, you must get to know the people within the community, this takes time, this takes patience.
Second, you shouldn’t enter a community with the preconceived notion that mutualism is common…
In particular, students who seek help from other students tend to be misguided. It's like the blind leading the blind...it’s a disappointment, but that’s why we usually look to teachers for help.

There are some very knowledgable professionals on the site though.
Keep in mind that if you’re lacking in creativity, that's an issue you'd have to work out, others can only educate you on the technical aspects. I guess that's why art classes always seemed strange to me...

This leads us to the third point…
The kind of help you ask for can be interpreted as having an advantageous undertone.
Ex. Someone looking around for an idea to share...is someone looking around for an idea to steal. The inexperienced and gullible are easily lured into these scenarios, but hardened artists, whether students or not, generally ignore this mangled method of operation out-reach.

Anyone who's ever created something from their heart, and had it taken away by idle hands would understand the fragility of this matter. I've had it happen to me on numerous occasions, and it makes an artist become overprotective, reclusive, and intolerable of anyone or anything getting between them and their art.

I try to help as best I can, but as a fellow student, I offer no definitive words of wisdom, nor do I offer my ideas for sharing, unless we’re family or really good friends.

Lastly, many students, including myself are out for summer vacation, and many of us are either unavailable or incapable of frequenting this site as often as we normally would during the school year.

So, given the clarification of these matters, and how it relates to the inactivity of the users on this site, I believe we now have a better understanding as to how and why this site might be useless to you.
quote]

I have no where else to go to but my peers. I'm not asking for help, i'm asking for a collabo.
I've had my share of bad experinces but there's no way I can go to a studio at this point. So I turn to my peers
The problem with my "peers" is that when working on a projectkicks off they're not serious and yet I am . This happens to me everytime in another field--All I'm asking for is the above. I'm not out to steal anyone's ideas since I will be developing them for the director as I have said before. . I don't trust everyone else has this principle of not stealing .
I'm probably wasting time but well I can'T find the courage to slash my wrists yet so I keep trying. I don't know why.If you wanna collabo with me hit me up if not, don't toy with me.

Network Sponsors

Back