Tips for an aspiring producer?

Moth_and_Cobweb

Hi,

I'm an aspiring producer and I was wondering if anyone who has maybe done a few films had any tips for a newbie. Also, could anyone recommend any films they think an aspiring producer should see?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm an aspiring producer and I was wondering if anyone who has maybe done a few films had any tips for a newbie. Also, could anyone recommend any films they think an aspiring producer should see?

Thanks

So many tips. Drop me a PM if you want, I'll ship you my MSN and give you a crash course. It's pretty easy to learn as a vocation if you're willing to listen.

Creds: 12 self-writter/produced/directed features, three years in television and currently working on a prime time tv show and producing a movie aimed for theatrical release in 2013.

Films to see? Makes no difference. You can't learn to produce by watching movies, only to direct write and act. If you want to learn producing, the easiest ways are on my 3-point checklist:

1. Work in TV/film as an intern/runner
2. Get the ear of and listen to an established producer.
3. get a sales job. Seriously, telesales, door-to-door, whatever. The skills are invaluable.

That's how I did it :)

Network Sponsors

Back