Timewarp effect plugin?

superspiffy

I need a plugin that would let me do a "timewarp" effect or a way that I could get maximum control of the speed of the video. I know After Effects 7.0 can do this, but I don't want to spend so much on a package when I only want one thing from it. Anyone know of a good simple (and preferably free) plugin for Premiere Pro?

I think I know what your talking about, Ive wanted to figure it out for a long time. I want to be able to go from slow motion to full speed, by gradually increasing the speed. In pro, the closest Ive come to achieving this is by having one copy of the video in slow motion and another one underneath it in full speed. The I just cross fade down FROM the slow motion one TO the full speed one. This by no means is perfect but it is at least one method of doing it. I wish you could just keyframe the dang speed! Is this what your wanting to do as well?

Most of us utilizing the Adobe suite of applications end up in After Effects using the "time remapping" function for this purpose.

As of now, PPro does not have the ability to accelerate and decelerate video.

If you have a friend who would process a couple of clips for you with Sony Vegas software...that does have this capability.

Tim Kolb said:
As of now, PPro does not have the ability to accelerate and decelerate video.

before i got AE, i would zoom in on my ppro clip and break it up into parts of equal durations like 1 sec, 1 sec, 1 sec..and then for each subsequent part adjust the speed to mimic a ramp up or ramp down. the more meticulous you are the better your results. it's what essentially a plugin does. It might be time consuming but the whole time you're doing it, remind yourself how cheap it is too!!!

Network Sponsors

Back