"This New YouTube Channel Is a Free Masterclass in Film Editing"

ThisGuyEdits

I’m currently cutting a feature for Sundance filmmaker Mark Webber. My youtube channel is picking up a lot of traction right now, and I thought it’d be great for readers of this forum!

If you have a minute, check it out:
This Guy Edits - Youtube Channel

It was recently featured on several blogs including NOFILMSCHOOL, PREMIUMBEAT & POSTLINE. One of authors, Robert Hardy, had an interesting take on my videos. He writes...

"[...] the YouTube channel This Guy Edits will become your new favorite place on the internet.

This Guy Edits is the digital home of Sven Pape, a prolific editor whose credits include work for a few directors that you may have heard of like James Cameron, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and James Franco. Sven is currently in the process of cutting “Flesh & Blood,” a new feature from Sundance filmmaker Mark Webber, and he’s sharing the entire process (along with a bunch of great editing tips) on his channel.

Even though he’s only been posting these videos for a month or so, Sven has already created a magnificent resource for editors looking to improve their craft. Here are a few of my favorite videos he’s done so far:

[he lists more videos here... http://sumo.ly/iKRj]

[...] Anyhow, if you’re interested in following along as Sven cuts Flesh & Blood, you can subscribe to This Guy Edits on YouTube."

thank you for your questions, Kim. I don't really have a software preference. Currently I'm cutting on FXPX. It's my first feature on that and I enjoy the speed and intuitive design. But I've down many projects on Avid or the old FCP 7 and I like those too. Avid has a very robust and precise feel to it.

In terms of creative process, I think Selecting is one of the most important parts of editing. Selecting is the creative process of deciding and organizing your shots/moments so that you have them available before you start editing.

I need content from people who know what they are talking about. Would you be interested in contributing both in the forums with a moderator status and for the magazine home page as a staff writer (contributor)?

Network Sponsors

Back