The Truth about cows (script?) (crude language adult humour)

I don't really know...I'm just trying my best to find a way to write...I'm still having problems using programs to write. I guess I'm just throwing out my "style" to see if it works before substance and technique need to play a heavy part in really becoming something great...I guess.

Substance and technique should be the things that define your style. If what you are trying to do is see if your style has a place to fit in the world of screenwriting, then first focus on the basics: format, story structure, character development. Once you get a good story idea, write it down, script it out if you want. Style is what comes from HOW you tell your story. How much do you reveal at any one time, or do your characters have a sarcastic bite that draws people to them. A great way to think about style is to watch movies and read scripts by writers and directors with distinct styles. For example, read and watch Kevin Smith, Quentin Tarantino, and Rick Linklater films and scripts. Each has his own flavor that comes through in the writing. Get on the web and search for scripts to read. Then, develop a style that is unique. But, like I was saying, they always put the substance before style because, in the end, that's the most basic building-block of ANY great screenplay.

Proper technique and style always come before style. its true, a screenplay can't be good without style, but you first need the tools. Its like... A musician can't just pick up th emost complicated solo piece and play it, they need the technique first (you know, scales and stuff). If you want people to take you seriously (I know this sounds bad, and it is), then you need to write in a professional style.

thanks for the advise I will try...Atleast you guy's are nice, another site deleted my stuff.

A musician can't just pick up th emost complicated solo piece and play it, they need the technique first (you know, scales and stuff). If you want people to take you seriously (I know this sounds bad, and it is), then you need to write in a professional style.

This isn't really true when it comes to music. Most bands start out not knowing how to read music or play well and end up becoming big...for example the biggest band in the world U2 :roll: I'm going to keep writing my crap in a comfortable fashion and when I find my groove then I will make it prim and proper.

Network Sponsors

Back