The struggle of building a cage for my Blackmagic

nialmedia

Building a cage for my Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6k Pro has been a struggle. The cage itself is not necessarily hard to build, but comes with quite a few challenges.

Finding all the components of the cage is time-consuming. I live in Romania, and very few companies sell these components in my country. Ordering them from global websites would take at least one month for the parts to get here.
photo1674120831 (2).jpeg

I will film an event in February and I need the cage to be ready on time, therefore I started looking for components at the beginning of this month. Most of the parts have arrived and it took me a few hours to set up the cage. However, the handle was faulty and I need to send it back to warranty. Now, the complication is that the company I purchased it from needs to contact a company from another continent, which has all its employees on holiday until 28’th January and I might not get a working handle in time. I think I will need to film using the faulty handle which will be extremely difficult.
photo1674120831.jpeg

Another challenge was that the extended battery that I ordered needed a separate charger that costs as much as the battery itself. No one mentioned everywhere that the battery does not come with a charger and it took me a while until I learned this.

There are still a few accessories that need to arrive in the following week and I am excited to have everything set up.

The good news is that, with some dedication and patience, it is possible to make a good cage for this camera. With a little bit of research and practice, I was able to build a sturdy, secure cage that will keep my camera safe while filming for hours. I can also attach all the accessories – battery, lights, SSD for my camera on this cage.

It is not easy but I am sure it is worth it!

Network Sponsors

Back